Mar. 4th, 2014

starlightmasque: (Default)
...has finally ended.

I don't even have anything left in the tank to do a proper profanities-laden "how I did it" post. These are the photos I took for my website portfolio, and once again, the fabric was CRAZYPANTS to photograph. It had a neon magenta warp and a canary yellow weft... I'm not kidding. It ended up looking like a pumpkin burgundy type color, but up close and in certain lights, this mother was rather electric looking. This fabric was sent to me to use by my client, and I used every last scrap of it, as I always do, right down to last whispy fraying inch. The fabric was physically lovely to work with, the polyester silky behaved nice and easy... but, mentally, it was a total brain-bender. It had swirly vine embroidery, thick velvet flowers, vertical stripes of baby ruffles and a sheen that had to be matched top to bottom... any pattern piece cut sideways or angled was a completely different color. Yikes. But, I worked it and made it work!

I am so glad to be done!


alisa-robe-a-la-anglaise-212So. Many. Photos. )

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

starlightmasque: (Default)
starlightmasque

April 2015

S M T W T F S
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Page generated Sep. 26th, 2017 04:33 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios